Has anyone tried the Keto Diet?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Psycho Psychic Psycho Psychic 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Oh Snap
    Oh Snap

Has anyone tried the Keto Diet?

Hi Everyone,

I’m not new to this site but I am new to this group and I am so glad I found it. It’s true that nurses can eat…A LOT and I am no exception to that rule. I have struggled with my weight forever and I have tried everything. Since I started menopause I have not had any luck at all losing any weight.

Working three-12-hours shifts at night doesn’t help either. I have a weird eating schedule and I want dinner at 8 am. It’s crazy.

I have tried the low-fat, low-sugar, fasting and starving, the five bite diet, portion control, and calorie counting. I have lost some weight here and there, but I just seem to gain it all back.  Nutri-system is one diet that I have had success with. I have lost 20lbs in a couple of months with it, but I am looking for something I can stick to for a long period of time.

I’ve also had success with the Adkins Diet, which is basically a low carb diet, but it helps to have some cheat things you can eat on it. I love their treat bars I missed being able to have anything BBQ on this diet because that is my favorite food, But I found some Adkins BBQ and it is wonderful.

I guess you could say I am looking for a way-of-life and not just a quick fix. I have started exercising, and that has been helping me to stay focused. All I hear about is the Keto diet and I am wondering if anyone has ever tried this diet and if so what do you think about it?

Has anyone tried the keto diet?

I know that it involves low carb and high protein, but I really don’t see the difference between it and the Adkins diet. Can someone explain the difference for me and also why low carb diets work. Don’t our bodies need carbs to function? I would think it would be difficult to figure out how your body is responding to it and how do you figure out if you are actually in ketosis? I’m pretty confused I guess. So, what I really want to know is has anyone tried the Keto Diet?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #81048 Reply
    Psycho Psychic
    Psycho Psychic
    Participant

Yes, I am currently on the keto diet and I love it. I have lost 16lbs so far and I am losing every day. I like it because I don’t feel deprived at all. I eat all I want, I just don’t eat carbs or sugar. I also like the fact that I can not only notice my weight loss on the scale each day, but I can see it on the keto strips that I use to keep me happy knowing that I am in ketosis.  It’s a great motivation when you know you are burning fat.

The most difficult part of keto is finding a sugar type substance that you like. Some people are okay with Sweet and low, Splenda or Stevia, but I do not like the artificial taste. It grosses me out. I found a sweetener that is much better than any of these and does not affect ketosis or your blood sugar. It’s called monk fruit sweetener and it is only grown in Thailand and some other Asian countries.  It has NO aftertaste and measures just like sugar. The biggest thing I missed on Keto was my sweet tea. Now, I can still have my sweet tea and it tastes great. Finally, a sweetener that doesn’t taste like a bunch of chemicals.

Reply To: Has anyone tried the Keto Diet?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: