Prophecy Exam…Have you taken this?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Hells Bells Hells Bells 3 months ago.

• Author
    funky Chick
    funky Chick
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been in nursing for about five years now and I was recently given an opportunity to start as a traveling nurse. I did one 13 week assignment, which I loved. According to the agency that hired me as a travel nurse, there is an “abundance” of work out there for travel nurses. I have already completed one assignment for 13 weeks.

I took the PBDS test and I passed it although it was very difficult.  Because I couldn’t get another assignment as a travel nurse, I just went back to the hospital where I was working previously and took my PRN status back. I’m working about 36 hours a week now.

I work in med-surg and I would think there would be a ton of assignments out there for this, but the agency never calls me back and I’m getting really frustrated because travel nursing is something that I really want to do.

Has anyone taken the Prophecy Exam? I am debating about taking it. I do get test anxiety pretty badly, but if it will help me get work then perhaps it’s a good idea…thoughts?

Holistic Hol
    Holistic Hol
    Participant

This makes me mad. I am so tired of taking tests. I took the boards and they’re still not happy. Education, education and more education. There has to be a limit to this. It’s getting quite ridiculous. I can’t believe they are asking you to take more tests, just to get a job. Being an RN should be enough. This is nuts and no, I haven’t taken the test and don’t plan to. I live in Indiana and I don’t have any problems finding work on assignments.

Hillary MSN
    Hillary MSN
    Participant

Well you have to understand that these companies do pay an awful lot to get nurses who have great skills and can adapt quickly to any environment.

These facilities rely on the fact that you are coming to them already adequately trained and only need a very basic orientation.

Taking the NCLEX just proves that you have the knowledge, but it doesn’t make you a nurse.

The test is not that hard. It’s just a bunch of multiple choice questions. You’ll do fine and yes, I think it’ll be worth it for you to go ahead and take the test

Heather 3332
    Heather 3332
    Participant

This is insanity. Why do they keep adding more and more tests for competency when you are not even guaranteed the job. These Prophecy tests are also telling employers that they will weed out all the weak candidates and nurses who don’t fit the personality model for the facility.

What happened to actually talking to people to learn about them and not throwing test after test at these nurses that are just trying to put food on the table. Enough is enough!

Hells Bells
    Hells Bells
    Participant

This test is rough. I took it several years ago and passed it by the skin of my teeth. I remember that it was full of dosage calculation questions. Know your drip rates too. There are a bunch of questions about drip rates.

It took me about an hour to complete and it was painful. Study hard before you take it too. From what I understand you can only take it three times then no more and if you do have to take it again, it will be the same questions. They don’t vary. Wish someone could get their hands on a cheat sheet…lol…just kidding.  :yahoo:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.