What’s next? Please help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Bearnadette Pistone Bearnadette Pistone 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

Nelly
    Participant

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and want to say that it is really nice to have such a great group. I have a question for all nurses and non-nurses who are here. I have the education of a nurse. I went to college and graduated with an ADN.  I took the NCLEX exam 3 times and I have failed all three times. I am currently working two waitressing jobs and don’t plan on taking the NCLEX again.  It’s just too stressful for me. In fact, I don’t know how many times you can take the NCLEX. Is there a limit to the number of times you can take it?

Anyway, my actual question is are there any jobs that a graduate nurse can get without needing a license? It bothers me every day that I have gone through this much education and still can’t earn much more than minimum wage. I hate this. It seems so unfair.

An isolated mortarboard and stethoscope to conceptualize the medical graduate.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #80907 Reply
    Catherine pritchard
    Catherine pritchard
    Participant

Wow, that’s a great question. I do know that you can practice any job that requires you to be licensed. But you may be able to land a job as a clinical consultant for a medical device company.

You could also get your CNA and do that. But I don’t know if you would make more money because waitresses do okay, from what I understand. Nursing is glorified waitressing anyway LOL

• #80910 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I’m not aware of any nursing jobs that allow the person to not be licensed. additionally, you would not be able to call yourself a registered nurse until you pass the NCLEX. It sucks to fail boards. I have been there. just keep on pushing with your head up. forget the alternatives and focus on passing boards so that you can put that education to great use.

• #80916 Reply
    Bearnadette Pistone
    Bearnadette Pistone
    Participant

If I were you I’d continue trying to take the NCLEX till you pass. Did you take the HESI before you took the boards?

There are other courses you can take before taking the NCLEX to help you.

Try to figure out what you are not doing right. What specialty are you weak in. Usually if the NCLEX finds you weak in a question on say, peds, they’ll keep throwing those questions at you.

So whatever questions you had a lot of are probably what you’re weak at so concentrate on learning those.

Do you have test anxiety? Maybe that’s something you need to work on before you take it again. Don’t give up. You’ve come too far.

Reply To: What’s next? Please help

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: