So stressed about the boards…help!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AJ 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Oh Snap
    Oh Snap

So stressed about the boards…help!

Hello,

I just finished my last semester of nursing school and passed the final. I am so stressed about the boards…help! I am absolutely freaking out about taking the boards. I usually don’t stress much about anything, but I have so much riding on this and I’m totally driving myself nuts. I want to get it over with and take it as soon as possible because I’m losing sleep at night because I worry so much. But I have scheduled it on August 1st because that is the last day to take it for this graduation date and I just want to make sure I can work as a nurse as long as possible because if I fail then I will have to quit my nursing job.

They hired me with the title graduate nurse and I just don’t know what I’m going to do if I fail. Can anyone offer me any advice on how to pass this and how to stop worrying so much about it? Any advice at all would be helpful….YIKES

So stressed about the boards...help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #80911 Reply

AJ
    Participant

Forget about failure and focus on the positive. I’ve seen many friends stress over boards, but the ones who focus on “failing” use it as an excuse for what they didn’t pass. A self fulfilling prophecy.

I used Kaplan review. Nursing encompasses so much material. Kaplan Review focused on breaking down the questions, eliminating distractors, identifying the “stem” of what is being asked, and ultimately identifying the correct response. you will need to know a lot of material, but kaplan was a tremendous help for the material i was unsure about. I took the class with and instructor. I would suggest that to anyone taking the NCLEX, and do it soon. This will give you plenty of time to study and review before the August 1st doomsday approaches.

Reply To: So stressed about the boards…help!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: