Failing Pharmacology

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea Morana 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Tina Sue
    Tina Sue
    Participant

I’m a nursing student and I’m currently in pharmacology. ¬†Unfortunately, even though I am studying very hard this is an extremely difficult class and it’s kicking my butt. The rest of the class are struggling as well and most of us are going to fail this class, which I can’t afford to do. I already had to drop out for a semester to care for my sick mother.

If I fail this class then I can’t move on in the nursing program because I have to have passed this class to take the next semester in nursing.

I’m an “A” student and I’m in a bridge program. I’m so frustrated with this class an the instructor. I’ve talked to other students in her class and they all feel the same as I do. If something doesn’t change I’m going to fail this class.

Several of us address our concerns with the instructor and all she said was that “you need to pull your bootstraps up and study harder.”

Every other pharmacology test I take I pass with flying colors, but I still can’t pass her tests. What can we do about this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Princess Nurse
    Princess Nurse
    Participant

I everyone in the class is failing and can’t keep their heads above water then maybe you should go and talk to the dean of the college. Some instructors are control freaks.

Andrea Morana
    Participant

Nursing school is extremely difficult and you have to study very hard just go get a C in those classes. They like to weed out the weak people that won’t be able to hang with the program.

I think you just need to accept the fact that you are going to study even harder. Don’t give up and keep plodding along. Carry index cards with the information in your own words and take them everywhere with you.

Read them while you’re waiting for things….like the grocery store line, the Dr’s office. Use every little bit of time you have to study. I know it sucks, but it will be worth it and you’ll make it if you stick with it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.