Do you think VRE and MRSA are taken seriously?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Brooke Michelle Brooke Michelle 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author
    Go with the FLO
    Go with the FLO
    Participant
    I’m a nurse and I am around these nasty bugs all the time. In particular VRE and MRSA. It has me very paranoid about bringing them home to my family. I have little kids.
    I don’t think nurse’s aides are being properly educated about these dangerous germs. Nursing homes seem to be less aware of the problem and quite oblivious.

I have seen family members use the restroom right after the patient who has had MRSA in their stool. Not smart and not educated. I don’t think nurses are doing their jobs not explaining these risks to their patients. One of the main jobs of nurses is to teach.

I don’t think visitors should be permitted to use the restroom in the patient’s room. It’s not safe.

It just seems to me that the medical profession does not take these very seriously. What do you think?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #80918 Reply
    Brooke Michelle
    Brooke Michelle
    Participant

I agree. I think more needs to be done to educate the public on MRSA and VRE.

I see family members going into the bathroom all the time without even thinking about it or trying to avoid wearing mask and gown in isolation rooms.

They just don’t get it

Reply To: Do you think VRE and MRSA are taken seriously?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: