Care for a terrorist?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Krista Krista 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Lindley
    Lindley
    Participant

I’m watching the devastation caused by the spawn of Satan in London today and my heart goes out to them. Although I live in the U.S now, I am actually British and I lived in London for five years. It’s a wonderful place.

As I’m watching this I can’t help but think that it would be great this terrorist just died. He was on a stretcher and transported to hospital where he later died from his injuries. He killed 5 people and 40 are what are considered to be catastrophically injured. This is horrific.

I can’t also help feel guilty for hoping this monster died. I know I am a nurse and I’, supposed to care for everyone, regardless of their history, but I honestly don’t think I could do that with someone as evil as him. Am I alone here? Do other nurses feel this way?

• #71229 Reply
    Angelina Jackson
    Angelina Jackson
    Participant

There is no way on hell I would take care of someone that was a terrorist. I would have to pass on that. I’m not about to save someone that have cause so much horrible chaos in other’s lives, so they can go right back out and do it again. Heck no!

I would have to decline the assignment, based on infringement of my moral standards.

• #71230 Reply
    Connie
    Connie
    Participant

Nope I would refuse to treat anyone like that. I just can’t do it. I wouldn’t feel guilty about feeling this way either. Nurses are human and we are entitled to our beliefs too. So I think what you are feeling is perfectly normal. RIP to all those who lost their lives today in this horrific act of Islamic terrorism.

• #71231 Reply
    Karen
    Karen
    Participant

No way, I couldn’t make myself do it. There is nothing to be ashamed of if you feel this way either.

• #71232 Reply
    Krista
    Krista
    Participant

Yes, bless London and all the victims of this terrible attack. But I disagree with all of you. You are a nurse and you are obligated to care for others regardless of your opinions. Although it would be difficult to care for such an evil peice of work, someone has to do it.

You push your feelings aside and you go into auto mode and do what you have to do. As, far as being glad that he died, I am with you all on that. He caused an awful loss of life. I think you’d be crazy to not be happy he died. The whole this is sickening and tragic!

Reply To: Care for a terrorist?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: