None nurses supervising nurses?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Meghan Ally Meghan Ally 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
    Meghan Ally
    Meghan Ally
    Participant
    Hello,
    I have a question about bosses. I am an RN and have been for many years. Over the course of my career, I have never had just one boss. And of those bosses I none of them have been RN’s. I have had a healthcare administrator who was not a nurse and was completely clueless about nursing
    I worked for a doctors office initially and there were two docs in the practice. Yes, they had no clue how to care for patients. They treated but didn’t deal with the entire person, as nurses do. I guess you could say their bedside manner was horrendous. It’s never been part of their job description, I guess.
    I have even had an LPN be my boss when I worked in surgery, yet she could not work in surgery, actually because you have to be an RN to be a surgical nurse. So how in the world could she possibly be qualified to tell an RN how to do their job when she is an LPN and can’t even work as a surgical nurse. On the rare occasion, she was forced to scrub in to assist with a case, she was completely clueless and it made for a weird situation and atmosphere because she was an LPN and in surgery, as an RN you are in charge of that room and the scrub person. But she was MY boss?
    I don’ understand why people that are unqualified to supervise nurses are. Thoughts?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Reply To: None nurses supervising nurses?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: