Needle Free Jet Injection- How many of you are using this and do you like it?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Carl Carl 1 year ago.

• Author
    Connie
    Connie
    Participant

Hi guys,

needleless jet injection for local anestheticA sales rep is coming to our hospital next week to teach us how to use the needleless jet injection for use with lidocaine for starting IVs. I would like to know if anyone here is using this and if so how do you like it.

I can’t imagine how it would work, but it sounds interesting. Do you just use it when someone is afraid of needles or is it used on all patients?  If it works well I will use it but just want to get some feedback beforehand.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Megan
    Megan
    Participant

Hello,

Yes we use them in pre-op and I love them. They’re easy to use and the patients like them really well. They shoot the lidocaine just below the skin with a quick shoot of air that makes the skin numb for easy insertion of your IV catheter. A great invention that makes starting IVs so much less painful for the patient

Barb BSN
    Barb BSN
    Participant

Yes we use them and do do a great job. Here’s a picture of one Needleless jet injection

Connie
      Connie
      Participant

Wow, thanks for sharing Barb. I appreciate it. I guess I’m an old dog that doesn’t really like change, but if it helps my patients I supposed it will be good.

Carl
    Carl
    Participant

They are wonderful, especially for pediatric patients but can be used with anyone. I use them on all my patients and they sure beat sticking your patients. The patients don’t feel a thing and before they know it the IV is in place. They make it a lot more comfortable for the patient

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.