Advice needed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Michelle 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Zofia
    Participant
    Hello everyone,
    I need some advice. I’m not a nurse yet, but I hope to be one day. I have some questions about the path I should take. I have thought about becoming a CNA first, just to get some good experience in the medical and nursing field.
    But I am also wondering if I should just become an LPN and then work towards my RN while working as a nurse. I don’t really know any nurses so I would like to know what you all think about this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #80796 Reply

AJ
    Participant

If becoming a nurse is your ultimate goal, then LPN to RN route may be best. You may even consider a part-time CNA position during school as well. Just be mindful of any personal constraints (financial, commitment, time management) that may impede your ability to complete a program and become licensed. Becoming an LPN will provide you with the quickest path in becoming a nurse and provide stability for the next accomplishment in you future career.

• #80798 Reply

Michelle
    Participant

I was 17 years when I applied to the  Nursing Program at my local community college. It was back in 1986.

Best way to go, I think. Commit yourself to doing it!

After 1 semester in my nursing program I was given a Certificate of completion for my CNA, and used that to begin my career. My aunt was a nurse, an LPN but lived hours away; when I look back, I became a caretaker after my dad left my mom, my brother and myself.

That’s what I did. Guess it came naturally. Trust me, it is a Hard profession, if you don’t have thick skin, and Can’t hold your tongue, do something else, for real!

Reply To: Advice needed

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: