Help-I'm about to marry a nurse

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by ICU 2 ICU 2 1 year ago.

• Author

MattTiffany

Help im about to marry a nurseHello everyone,

I’m not a nurse, but my fiance is an emergency room nurse. I have a stressful job as an attorney and I know hers is pretty stressful too. I want our marriage to last forever even though some of you may think that’s silly.

I want to help her deal with her stress as best I can, but and support her in all she does in her career. Any advice you can offer me to help my future wife in her career is greatly appreciated.

I don’t have any idea what it’s like to be a nurse in a busy ED and don’t want to take what my fiance does for granted. We have discussed this in depth and we understand each other and work well as a team.

But I’m wondering what I can do on the days that she has a rough day at work, to help her relax and know that I’m always on her side

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by Onlyanurse Onlyanurse.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Tiffany

I would clean, cook, do laundry and bake cookies all in time for her arrival home. You can’t beat a clean house and a nice meal when you’ve had a really stressful day. I’m just kidding about the baking cookies bit, unless you enjoy making cookies then go right ahead LOL

All Heart
    All Heart
    Participant

A clean house is a happy wife, especially when she doesn’t have to do it herself.

Smarty Pants
    Smarty Pants
    Participant

Well a nice bubble bath, a glass of wine and a massage work like a charm with me haha

Bama Nurse
    Bama Nurse
    Participant

Clean the house, make dinner and have the kids bathed and ready for bed. That makes me very happy. Keep your communication lines open and be open to listen and not necessarily have the answers for everything. Sometimes we just need a shoulder to cry on.

Stranded
    Stranded
    Participant

Share chores with her and by her a great pair of nursing shoes that will make her feet feel great when she is at work. She’ll love you for that. ooh and throw in some good support socks LOL She needs them for sure

Canadian King
    Canadian King
    Participant

Feed the kids, run a bath and make a nice meal. Get in the bath with her and then discuss her day. My wife and I always take a bath together ever evening. It’s our time to bond.

Kristin Powell
    Kristin Powell
    Participant

My husband and go for a walk every night. We live out in the country so it’s always a nice quiet walk and we discuss our day, but because I tend to bring too much home, we are only allowed to discuss the day while we are walking. After that we talk about us and our family. Enjoy a movie and popcorn or “fun time” hah That’s a great stress reliever

ICU 2
    ICU 2
    Participant

Treat each other well. Whatever she does for you, be sure you reciprocate when she needs it. That’s really important and allow her to vent. But help her to move on and talk about other things when she is dwelling on things too much.

I’m sure you;ll make a great husband because you care so much. Congratulations on your wedding and have a very long and happy marriage.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.